On today’s episode of CCR, we reviewed Gatchaman Episode 15, “The Fearsome Jelly Fish Lens”.
This episode involves Glactor creating a living weapon, not the usual mecha that they usually go for. What the make is a massive glob of living goo with thousands of crystaline eyes all over and through it. For the most part, it looks stoned and in need of a Twinkie fix.
There’s also a “ghost city”, that everyone seems to have forgotten what it was called 10 years ago before it was abandoned.
Dan mentions some of his favorite abandoned cities, that are still remembered by their names!
Kowloon Walled City
This is right out of a movie or roleplaying game. A city outside of Hong Kong that no government wanted to claim, so it became a metropolis of lawlessness.
This is the town that housed the staff for the Chernobyl nuclear plant.
Hashima Island, Japan
This was a coal mining location until Japan changed to cleaner fuel. It’s been abandoned since.
There’s been a coal fire burning underground here since 1962. It’s estimated to burn for another 250 years.
And don’t forget…FIVE more episodes until Puppy-palooza!
Where to watch Science Ninja Team Gatchaman:
- On DVD or Blu-Ray
- On AnimeNetwork.Com
- This is a subscription based streaming site, but they do offer a free two week trial. Disclaimer: We are not affiliated with Anime Network. We are providing a link to their site for people who are interested in watching Gatchaman.
How to Connect With Us
- Leave us a voice message (Just click on that gray tab on the right side of your screen and follow the instructions.)
- Shoot us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our message board: http://crescentcorallibrary.com/messageboards
- Follow us on social media: