In this episode, we reviewed Episode 17, The Grand Insect Operation. We also officially announced that we will be doing a bonus episode for our pod cast episode 20. This bonus episode will be an episode commentary track you can sync up with the actual episode.
Words That Kathy Hates
Kathy mentioned on the show that she hates the word “nightie” and she hates that word as much as she hates the word “panties” and the word “moist”. All three of those words are gross and nasty and sound gross and nasty. She mentioned a study and a link to an article about the study on aversive words. The article appeared on the website Mental Floss and if you want to read it, you can find it here.
What she was trying to explain to Dan about the study was that it was a correlational study. Correlational studies examine if there are relationships between two variables. One of the correlations the researchers found was a positive correlation between a person’s level of neuroticism and their aversion to the word “moist”. A positive correlation means that the higher a person’s level of neuroticism, the was a corresponding higher chance they had an aversion to the word “moist”. In order to find this, the researchers had the participants take a personality inventory and their personality type was determined through this inventory. The particular one they were given was Gosling’s Ten Item Personality Inventory (TIPI). It’s fairly short and to the point.
Where to watch Science Ninja Team Gatchaman:
- On DVD or Blu-Ray
- On AnimeNetwork.Com
- This is a subscription based streaming site, but they do offer a free two week trial. Disclaimer: We are not affiliated with Anime Network. We are providing a link to their site for people who are interested in watching Gatchaman.
How to Connect With Us
- Leave us a voice message (Just click on that gray tab on the right side of your screen and follow the instructions.)
- Shoot us an email: email@example.com
- Visit our message board: http://crescentcorallibrary.com/messageboards
- Follow us on social media: