Other Shows You Watch

The place to talk about anything and everything.
msannomalley
Site Admin

Other Shows You Watch

Post by msannomalley » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:36 pm

Just curious, what other TV shows do you like to watch? What are you currently binge-watching? What other genres of TV are you into besides science fiction? Do tell, because I'm curious.

I'll go first.

I'm currently binge-watching the UK version of Being Human. I love this show and not just because Aidan Turner is in it (as you can tell from my avatar, I am a huge fan of his). I love the writing and my favorite part over the first three seasons is watching Mitchell's downfall. I think that it's interesting, from a psychology perspective, to use vampirism and drinking blood as an allegory for addiction. The original premise was that an addict, a person with anger issues, and a claustrophobic person all shared a house. Then they changed it to a vampire (the addict), a werewolf (the anger issues), and a ghost (the claustrophobic).

Also my cat likes Russell Tovey's voice.

I haven't watched past season 4, though. If George hadn't died, I probably would have still watched it.
Witty Saying Goes Here

Tags:

Redbird
ISO Janitor

Re: Other Shows You Watch

Post by Redbird » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:52 pm

Hmmm, I like Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Westerns, Dramas, Historical stuff.

I recently binged on Westworld (the new series) and Altered Carbon. I do watch Game of Thrones but the books (which I read before the series came out) are much, much better.
Playing darts with the Condor's feather shuriken...

KT1972
ISO Mechanic

Post by KT1972 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:40 pm

Doctor Who is a favourite in our house, followed by The Big Bang Theory. I am also starting to watch Young Sheldon too.

Other favourites are Red Dwarf, Modern Life is Goodish, and a variety of quiz and game shows.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special.." - Stephen William Hawking CH CBE FRS FRSA (1942 - 2018 )

GrumpyGhostOwl
ISO Janitor
Location: An owlery in a mysterious hidden valley in the far Antipodes.

Post by GrumpyGhostOwl » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:32 pm

I quite like The Handmaid's Tale and I've started watching Knightfall. I also saw the first episode of the French SF drama Transfer last night and I think I'll watch some more of it. I run hot and cold with Doctor Who but I'm hoping I'll enjoy the upcoming season
► Show Spoiler
I enjoyed the Swedish SF drama Real Humans which I think was better than the UK version. I also enjoyed Midnight Sun which was a Scandi noir crime thriller.

I also watch Vikings but I couldn't get into Game of Thrones at all. My sister lent me the entire first season on DVD and I wandered off about fifteen minutes into the first episode. Then I gave her all my A Song of Ice and Fire books because to be honest, I think George Martin's lost the plot. If I want to watch horrible people doing horrible things to each other, I can watch Question Time in Parliament.
Never trust an atom: they make up everything.

katblu42
ISO Janitor
Location: At the back of a theatre somewhere in Sydney, Australia

Post by katblu42 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:54 am

I'm pretty much behind on the new TV shows. I don't do the Netflix/streaming thing, and rely on free-to-air broadcast TV - partly because of affordability, and partly because I know I would become a couch zombie if I had access to too many channels (even if nothing was on).
"New" shows for me include Voltron Legendary Defender(season 1 has reached my TV) and Steven Universe. (Yes, I know these are kids cartoons, but Voltron has significant history for me, and Steven Universe is just . . . awesome, strange and endearing).
Still love re-runs of Red Dwarf - I missed most of the new episodes when they aired earlier in the year.
I try not to miss Dr Who episodes, but my enthusiasm peaked with 10 (David Tennant) and Donna. Looking forward to the new ones!
Oldies but goodies (that I own all the episodes of on DVD) include Firefly, Farscape and CSI: NY.
If at first you don't succeed . . . hit it with a hammer.

GrumpyGhostOwl
ISO Janitor
Location: An owlery in a mysterious hidden valley in the far Antipodes.

Post by GrumpyGhostOwl » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:53 pm

Just finished binge-watching all three seasons of The Borgias (the one with Jeremy Irons in it). I probably wouldn't have bothered except that I did some research on Pope Alexander VI for a short fic where it all boiled down to one passing comment. I saw the DVDs on a clearance table at Sanity, and bought them on a whim. It wasn't bad. As usual, there was a fair bit of artistic license where history was concerned but it was certainly entertaining.
Never trust an atom: they make up everything.